1. Introduction: What's your story?
Together, my wife Lyndsay and I have been providing wedding video services for the last 6 years. We film weddings because we love capturing couples on their happiest day. We go beyond capturing your wedding day and take pride in telling the story of every couple. Based out of Shelby Township, MI we offer beautiful, personalized videography for weddings of any size in any location - including destination weddings! We only take on a small handful of weddings each year, allowing us to give special attention to each one (contact us ASAP). Every couple has a story, what's yours?
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
We've captured 40+ wedding so far, starting in the year 2015.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
We try to stay out of the limelight, capturing most of the day like a behind-the-scenes crew. But, when the time is right, and the sunset or location is gorgeous, we'll take a second to stage a few gorgeous shots. We also interview our brides and grooms in the beginning of the day, as this is a priceless way to capture what they are experiencing during that exciting moment in time.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
We recommend that they contact their videographer as soon as they are comfortable in the planning process. Sometimes we have bookings two years away, other times it has been as short as three weeks before the wedding. The chance of us being available goes lower as the wedding date gets closer!
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer three different packages that vary based on the amount of time shooting, the amount of editing required, and the added features. These are all listed on our website in 'Packages.' Our most popular is the Diamond Package, which is 8 hours of coverage, with a full ceremony edit, main events of the reception edit, and a cinematic highlight film that averages about 6-8 minutes in length.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
My wife and I are the two videographers that capture each wedding. We'll mainly shoot with two cameras, but for the ceremony, we use three and sometimes a fourth.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
As long as the wedding is under three hours of driving time one-way, we do not charge a travel fee. After that, we will consult with the bride and groom. We simply charge the gas cost and also a hotel stay/flight, only if it is truly required.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
All of our weddings are immediately backed up in three locations (one being offsite). We keep a copy of the final edits indefinitely. The raw footage is deleted after one year.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
We say 10 weeks turn-around time, although it's often less. Averaging about 6-8 weeks. Our most popular delivery options include USB (with HD videos) and DVD. We do offer blu-ray but it's rarely used.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We respect our brides and grooms and 99% of the time provide a full refund. Life happens, and every situation is case by case. We would take no joy in keeping money for work we did not perform.