1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi! We're DJ and Heidi, founders of Prelude Weddings. Our love for weddings comes from our love of story telling. Every couple comes with a unique story and we love telling that story through photo and film!
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
We've been shooting weddings for about five years with about 15 weddings in total. This is because we care about creating an authentic and luxurious experience, which is why we only work with select couples. These couples not only value photography and film, but class, intimate moments, beautiful scenery, and all of the love that weddings and photographs create.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
Our style is just as unique as the couple we're filming. Each shot is carefully crafted and considered to best reflect the personality and tastes of the couple we're filming. Whether your like light and airy or dark and moody we tailor our style to fit what is authentically you.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
It's always best to book your videographer with your photographer so they have time to communicate with each other. At Prelude Weddings, we're both a photographer and videographer and our packages reflect the value you'll receive booking us together rather than separately. We're more than happy to accommodate you in anyway otherwise.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our prices start at $3,500 for photo & video. We do offer solo photo and solo video packages and can even build out a custom package for you if necessary! Our most popular package is our Concerto pack which gets you two photographers & videographers, five to seven minute highlight film, a social media teaser, drone footage, and more with eight hours of coverage!
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
DJ is the lead videographer and Heidi is the lead photographer. We will always be working every wedding we book and if you choose to have a 2nd with us, they will always be professionals whom we trust and respect to produce footage and pictures that meet our expectations.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Travel fees will be charged based on the amount of traveling required as well as any potential hotel stays.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
We always back up our footage on industry standard hard drives and keep them in a secure location forever.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
We usually have a timeline of six to eight weeks for delivery of all media. We have a variety of delivery options from physical media to online galleries and download links.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Any cancellations and refund issues will be discussed on a case by case basis with the couple.