1. Introduction: What's your story?
As a kid I loved making movies and had a passion for photography. Naturally, I went to school for film while simultaneously picking up odd end jobs taking pictures and shooting videos.
Eventually I wound up shooting a friends wedding and it was a completely different experience. Hearing how much they loved their video was an incredibly rewarding and fulfilling feeling.
Ever since then, my main focus has been on making wedding films and taking pictures. There's really nothing quite like making a beautiful memory last forever!
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
I filmed my first wedding when I was seventeen but it wasn't until I was in my mid twenties that I decided to pursue wedding videography full time. At this point I've probably shot around 300 to 400 weddings.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
I like to capture details with a candid-cinematic perspective in mind along with elements of a documentary and a home-movie.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
Most people book 6 to 12 months prior to the wedding and as far as 2 years in advance.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
My packages range from elopements to full day coverage and start as low as $750. My most popular package starts at $2,950.
I have catered a variety of options that meet nearly all levels of coverage needs. Custom packages are also available if you would like a personalized quote.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
I love working with all of my couples every step of the way and will be there on the phone calls, emails, shooting the day of, and then editing. Depending on the level of coverage needed, I usually bring between 1 and 3 additional assistants and videographers.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
The first 50 miles of travel for the wedding are on me! After that it is $1 per mile to cover the cost of gas and vehicle wear/tear.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
I keep copies of the footage and finished movies on back up drives for at least a year. The finished movies themselves I will hold onto indefinitely while raw footage usually gets deleted after 2 or 3 years.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
Depending on your preference videos are delivered via digital download. Personalized Blu Ray and DVD's are also available. Average turn around time is a month but during peak wedding season it make take up to 2 or 3 months.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Deposits are non-refundable however a credit for my services in the amount of the deposit is available in certain circumstances. By saving the date and taking a retainer I am making you my number one priority and turning down any and all other opportunities for work that day so I have to account for losses I take in doing so if cancelled on.