Videographers - David Bartlett
- Business: Special Moment Video
- Location: Chandler, Arizona AZ
- Experience: 15 Years
- Profile: Special Moment Video
- Website: specialmomentvideo.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, my name is David Bartlett. Thank you for reviewing my profile and considering working with me. I own Special Moment Video. I have been doing wedding photography and videography professionally for over 15 years. very much enjoy seeing the excited couple getting ready for the ceremony, first glance, the actual ceremony, and well into the reception. Every wedding is a new experience, as the saying goes, no two are alike.
2. How long have you been filming weddings? How many weddings have you filmed?
I have been filming weddings for over 15 years. In that time, I have worked well over 150 weddings. I started out slowly, getting the name recognition and experience prior to taking on additional business. I preferred to get a system down that works for me. I am always working to improve the quality of the video and how it is captured.
3. How would you describe your videography style?
I prefer more of the cinematic look. In my routine, I take more video then I will ever need. I would rather have too much video to edit from then not enough. That is why I use multiple cameras and audio equipment, this allows for redundancy in the event something happened to one of the other units.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding videographer?
Couples should book as soon as they have a firm date in mind. If you have not decided on a location, I suggest still booking myself, we can always update the contract to reflect location details, etc. I have had so many couples contact me with only a few weeks or a couple of months prior to their wedding, only for me to be booked.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I offer both photo and video packages in addition to covering both. My most popular package is 4 hours on site, multiple cameras and audio equipment, fully edited video. Being there for 4 hours will generally result in about 60 - 90 minutes of final video.
6. Are you the wedding videographer who will be filming on the wedding day? How many camera people and cameras will be operating on the day?
I tend to shoot alone but bring a second shooter if needed. I typically use 4 cameras. Three are pretty much stationary, only minor adjustments made at the ceremony, with a 4th camera I am moving around. During the reception, cameras are moved multiple times due to the action area changing.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
My travel fee schedule is quite basic and very reasonable. The rate is a flat $75 for 100 miles, each direction. Example would be traveling 200 miles round trip, the fee is only $150. I don't have any hidden fees and fees are fully disclosed in the contract.
8. How do you back-up your footage to ensure no footage is lost and for how long do you keep the footage after the wedding?
For backup purposes, all video is backed up to a minimum of 2 drives. For retention purposes, I keep video for several years.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the video? And how will the video be delivered?
Couples should allow for approximately 4 weeks for editing to be completed. Depending on the time of the year this could be shorter. Video is delivered based on the couples choice - flash drive, dvd, Blu-Ray, download, usb hard drive. Some methods are at additional charge.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
The cancellation policy is forfeiture of the 25% deposit if cancelled less than 6 months out. If cancelled less than 30 days out, all deposits are forfeited. These can be reviewed on a case by case basis. I understand that it is not appropriate to make a black and white rule as things can happen.