Planner - Trish Bernard
- Business: Weddings By Farrell's Daughter
- Location: Dallas, Texas TX
- Experience: 6 Years
- Profile: Weddings By Farrell's Daughter
- Website: www.weddingsbyfd.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
In 2015 I decided I wanted to become an ordained minister and marry couples. I never would have imagined that my love for seeing couples jump the broom would turn into this. I started small and really just wanted to be a part of their journey. After about 2 years and marrying over 20 couples I realized one of the most common questions I had was about the day of the ceremony. Brides and grooms were lost, needed guidance, and didn't know how to make their vision come to life. I got my planning certification so that I could give them the answers they were looking for and never looked back! My goal is to make the process simple and make sure the day of the wedding is stress-free as possible.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
As of 2021 I have planned, coordinated, or consulted on over 30 weddings. My most requested service is "Month of Coordination". I managed weddings by myself but I prefer having my right-hand woman (wedding assistant) and a few trusted preferred vendors by my side. I believe it takes a village to host a great event!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
I offer multiple wedding services I think of myself as a one-stop-shop! Everything from month-of coordination, full-service planning, wedding admin services, day-of coordination, and à la carte planning. I also have a few brides that tap into the design services I work as a freelance graphic designer which has allowed me to help them with website design, seating chart design, invitation design, and more.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Typically my couples pay half down and the other half 30 days before the wedding. Due to COVID I have become more flexible and allow up to 4 payments for services over a certain price point. I offer a package for every level of support a bride may need with my most popular being Month of Coordination and or Partial Planning. I also offer discounts to brides that pay in full and promotions to help offset the cost. I will be running a promotion until the end of 2022 for 20 percent off this promotion may extend longer depending on COVID.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
I currently have a small team of 3 (I serve as the lead planner, I have 1 (rotating intern), and 1 wedding assistant. I also have a large list of vetted wedding vendors to pull from.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Lord forbid I am too sick to support my couple on their big day but if this happens my wedding assistant and intern will take over and I will provide documentation to support me being sick.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
The amount of meetings each couple gets depends on the service they select (a full-service list along with service outlines) every couple gets one free 30 min consultation and they can request a free 15 min follow-up call.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
I love to help couples with every aspect of their wedding of course these services depend on the package but the answer is YES I help with everything from engagement to honeymoon if they would like. I also make suggestions if they want to save money but need the support on how they can get things like invitations designed, wording, and ordering to the addressing and mailing and guest list coordination/RSVPs.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, I have an amazing decor vendor that coordinates rentals for me with my guidance. I coordinate the wedding timeline with all planning packages which includes coordinating decor delivery, arrival, and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager etc.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes, currently my brides have access to a planning guide/portal that helps us keep track of every detail. I extract the information needing to go to vendors and work with them via email and or phone. The timeline including vendor arrivals, wedding party members, all the way down to who the cake goes home with will be sent out by me or my team to all necessary parties. I even add time for snacks, bustle, and padding for transitions if and when needed.