1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I’m Tiana Wilson the owner and lead planner at Nicolle Danielle’s Event Planning and Design. I have been planning events for over 10 years now, and have been in love with planning ever since.
I consider myself more than just a wedding planner, I am a creator and a communicator. I keep it real with all of my couples; and both my team and I strive our very best to make sure our couples’ big day is as stress-free and as beautiful as they could have imagined.
If I had one superpower it would be helping create memorable moments and transforming those moments into a day to remember.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
From small intimate weddings to large weddings of 150+ I’ve done more weddings than I can count.
In all the years of planning weddings, one thing remains constant, everyone wants their day to be perfect and for their guests to gush about the experience; something that will be simply unforgettable. And that’s what my team and I strive to do for our couples because it is a very special day and each of couple deserves nothing but the best.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer a variety of packages, from month of coordination and full service planning to a la carte services.
Each of these services offers something special to our client, and we make it possible to fit in those key elements for what is needed for our client to create something magical.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
My team and I work with all budgets and offer solutions to provide whatever is most important to our clients to make their stories come to life. In all, we typically charge a flat fee, but we will tailor our packages accordingly to best fit our couple.
Our most popular package is our Month-of- Coordination package. We basically step in 30 days prior to the wedding, tie up all the loose ends, make sure all the vendors are squared away, along with other essential needs that may be needed, and then we are there for the entire day of the wedding.
Our goal in all of our packages is to make sure we address the needs of our couples to guide them through this journey.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
When you sign with us you will have two event managers on site for the day of the wedding, which includes myself as the lead planner, and our associate event manager, Cassea.
Now depending on the size of the wedding we may require less or more hands on deck which would be discussed at the beginning of the wedding planning process.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
We take health very seriously at Nicolle Danielle’s, even more so in today’s environment because of Covid. So, should myself or anyone on my team catch ill, there is always a contingency plan in place. Luckily, we have never had this issue in our past nor present, but our clients can be at ease because we always have a back up plan to the back up plan.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
We enjoy meeting up with our couples and vendors during the planning phase of the wedding. This is when things really start to come together. And, based on the package chosen, will depend on the number of meetings our client should expect. We will personally have as little as 3 in-person/video conference meetings with our couples; but with all of our packages there is always unlimited calls and email communication.
Now, when choosing our full service planning package , our clients are just as involved as we are especially when it’s time to initially meet the vendors. If given ample notice, and we have no prior events, we will be present for those meet-ups. Ultimately it’s our clients decision on who they decide as their wedding vendors.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Regarding invitation handling, we will help with wording and ordering invitations if needed, however we do not address nor mail out invitations.
As far as guest lists coordination and RSVPs, we do offer RSVP tracking solutions to our clients on how to manage their RSVP list for accurate guest counts. And, we will help our clients with seating arrangements to make sure things go smoothly during the wedding day.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We do not handle picking up rentals, etc. We do, however, ask that our couples agree to have all items delivered to the venue for ease of service by each vendor. We will coordinate arrival and set up times with all parties to make sure everyone knows where to be, and to be there on time.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
With any of the our premier packages we will include a timeline. All important parties involved, including the vendors will know what to do and when to do it so that we can stick to the schedule as best as possible. We look out for our couples, and make sure it’s known that the “to-be-weds” are our highest priority.