1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I’m Sadie McIntyre, the designer and lead planner for Vareus Events. I began wedding planning in San Diego, over twenty-two years ago. After moving to Oregon I began using my planning skills for political and non-profit fundraising efforts. I spent a lot of time volunteering my skills in our local public schools, before moving back in to the wedding industry. I love designing large scale of intimate weddings of all styles and types. My goal is to help each of my couples design the wedding that is exactly right for them.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Over the years I’ve designed and planned more weddings than I can count any longer. At Vareus Events, we thrive on being a boutique wedding planning and design firm, so we only work with a select number of couples per year, allowing time to invest in each of my clients so they all know their special day is also important to me.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer full service and partial planning for large or intimate weddings. We also offer full service floral design services as an add on or stand alone service. We do not offer Day of Coordination because our aligned clients are looking for a professional to support and guide them from the day we come on board. We do have a DIY digital planning package to help couples on a budget who are just beginning to identify their ideal venue and vendors.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Our most popular package is our Partial Planning for large weddings where our clients have selected a venue and then need help staying on budget and finding appropriate vendors, and creating a design. We offer an affordable full service planning option for intimate weddings that is more aligned with the average budget for a smaller wedding. Our full service design and planning package for larger weddings is traditionally very popular, pre-COVID-19.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
This is a boutique planning firm which means all of our clients plan directly with lead planner and designer, Sadie McIntyre. We partner with quality florists and planners who freelance for us as day of assistance for large scale set up’s and designs. Intimate weddings typically do not require add on planners or designers, but we have the availability to add on staff as needed from our partners for an additional staffing fee.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
My partners are qualified to step in if I should be unavailable. Nothing in life is a guarantee so we do have a contract to protect our clients and assure you that we will make every effort to find a quality replacement should something unforeseen happen.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
We begin with a free initial Zoom meeting. Once we are signed on with clients, we offer no charge Zoom meetings as needed, unlimited access by phone, text and email and for full service we attend any key vendor meetings scheduled through us. Full and Partial planning always includes a venue design meeting to create your mood board and complete design. We often plan with clients who are not in Portland, Zoom meetings can replace in person meetings as needed.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We are here to help you select the right invitation company, we’ll edit your copy and assist with setting up digital RSVPs, as well as coordinate with you for creating table charts, meal counts for catering, etc.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
After your design meeting we will help you select the perfect items to carry out that design. For full service we contact your rental vendors give them all of the details and have them prepare quotes for you to then finalize when they send over your contract and have you set up payment options directly. For partial planning, you’re in charge, but we will give you the vendors we think you should choose, the list of items you need, and times you need to give them for set up and load out. We always manage the timeline for the vendors and give your entire team of vendors the same timeline, everyone’s contact info, and keep everyone on the same page.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
We prepare two timelines for all of our clients - one for your family and wedding party, and one for your vendor team. Everyone will be working off the same schedule marked off by the minute. That said, we manage the true timeline on your wedding day to allow flexibility if needed.