Planner - Michelle
- Business: Michelle Victoria Wedding & Event Planning
- Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico NM
- Experience: 5 Years
- Website: michellevictoriaev.wixsite.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi I'm Michelle, owner and wedding planner at Michelle Victoria Wedding & Event Planning. You can say my love for weddings started when I was a flower girl in my uncle's wedding at the age of 4. Since then I have always loved weddings, I have always loved the atmosphere of them and the vow of love between two people. I have always had a love for hosting and planning events. If you ask anyone, I had always had my own wedding planned out to the detail, once I got engaged in 2014 I knew exactly what I wanted. That is when my wedding planning business started, with planning my own wedding. My wedding panning life kind of rolled out from there, I got married in 2016 and I helped two other family members get married in 2016 and that was it, I was in love with helping people plan out their dream wedding day. I then took on a part time job as a Wedding Concierge at one of Albuquerque's number one wedding venues. I kept this position for the wedding season of 2017 and in 2018 I decided to open my own business, Michelle Victoria Wedding & Event Planning
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I've planned over 10 weddings as a business, we take on a few select weddings a year in order to put all of our focus into those couples. As a wedding concierge, I was a day of coordinator for over 20 weddings. As a wedding concierge, I got to see the back side of the wedding business at the venue and I believe I gained a lot of experience through that job. I'm really grateful that I was able to gain that experience for the couples I've planned weddings for.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
I offer day-of-coordination, month-of-coordination and full-service planning. Some items from any package can be added as an a la carte option and all of our packages are customized to each couple's needs.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
My packages are based off of a flat fee. There are three different packages, Silver, Gold and Diamond. The Silver package, which is day-of-coordination, is the most popular package couples choose.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
My team consists of me and my husband, we are a small business. Since we only take on a few weddings per year, there is no need at the current time to hire additional planners. Although, this could happen in the future!
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
If I am unable to be there on the day of the wedding, my husband would be my back up. He's assisted with each wedding I've done and I am fully confident that he would meet the expectations of the couple's wedding.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
This really depends on which package the couple chooses. Typically for day-of-coordination, I take over one month before the wedding and meet with the couple as much as needed in order to get everything in order for their day. This allows me to completely take over and for the couple to relax and enjoy their wedding day.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
Yes, this is an option if the couple chooses and is part of the Diamond package we offer.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
Yes, rentals and vendor coordination are included with each package we offer.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Yes, each party involved in the wedding receives a detailed timeline. The timeline is given to the couple being married and they distribute it to the wedding party. I keep in contact with each vendor, ensuring that the schedule is being kept. If there are any changes, I consult the couple first before making the change.