1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello There! I am Amanda Clarkson, founder and lead planner for Perfectly Imperfect Events LLC.
I started this company 4 years ago out of the sure push from family and friends around me! After my son was born I was known for planning fun, unique birthday parties for him! Once I got married and full planned my wedding I LOVED every moment and then I was solicited to assist a few friends with their wedding and boom, an idea is born!
For me, Weddings are a labor of love and not just a job. I’m truly passionate about the success, happiness and outcome for each of my couples and I strive for their complete satisfaction!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
I have over 4 years experience but I have been in business 3 years! In the 3 years I have been in business I have planned, coordinated and consulted over 30 weddings!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
Perfectly Imperfect Events LLC is not just an event planning company, but we are an event planning resource! Here to help you with all things events: Planning, Coordination, Consultation, Vendor Referrals, Event Rental, Printing and Customization and much more!!! We specialize in weddings, but every moment in life is a reason to celebrate and we want to be there to help!
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We have a variety of payment options with flex payment schedules! We can create custom packages to meet the needs of our couples but also have 3 of our most popular packages with the levels of The Whole P.I.E (Full Planning), Some of the P.I.E (Partial Planning), Slice of P.I.E (Day of Coordination) and multiple A La Mode options to insure every need is met!
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
During the planning process I am a one woman team which is why I only book a certain amount of full planning couples per year to ensure they each get all the support they need! However for the Day of Coordination I usually come with one or two team members, Tony and Courtney, depending on the wedding size and details!
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
I, like most planners, try to push through and remedy circumstances that will not allow me to be present! However in the rare occasions that may happen I have a full network of go to planners that meet my standard of excellence, I will reach out too to stand in place for me! I also have two team members that, if absolutely necessary, can also stand in the gap and ensure the couple is take care of!
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
This will depending on the package and needs of the couple! There is always a 1 hour initial consultation for all clients. Once we establish the needs and packaging (full planning vs day of coordination vs consulting only) we will schedule out meetings! Most of my full planning clients have quarterly meetings with multiple weekly or biweekly touch bases depending on where we are in the planning process! I really allow my couples to drive the meeting frequency as all my clients have access to me via call, text, email from the moment the book me through wedding day!
When it comes to vendors, I have a preferred vendor list of companies who meet my standard of excellence! However if those vendors do not meet the needs of my clients I will search vendors based on budget, packaging, quality and any other specifications my couples deem important.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
This is a service that couples have the option to add on to packaging (A La Mode)! If they choose not to add on I don’t mind advise couples on vendors for invitations, sample wording and tips and tricks to handle RSVPs!
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
I have some rentals available to my couples but also have a network of vendors that provide rentals as well! I do coordinate the delivery and management of all vendors on the wedding day!
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Timeline creation is part of many of my packages but can also be purchased A La Mode! I create a full day detailed timeline from first vendor arrival to the time the venue closes the door at the end of the night! In the creation stage I reach out to every vendor on our team to get details, needs and specs for their day of service to ensure everyone is on the same page! Collaboration is key for proper timeline and wedding day execution! However my priority will always be my couples, so if it’s what makes them happy I have no problem pushing to ensure things maintain their timing!