Planner - Monica Richard
- Business: Mon Amie Events
- Location: Westfield, Indiana IN
- Experience: 20 Years
- Website: monamieeventsinc.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Mon Amie Events, Inc was founded over 10 years ago by Monica Richard, MWP ™. Her strength lies in making her clients’ experience less stressful and more magical. This stems from her background at Walt Disney World. By focusing on logistics, Monica’s goal is to make each of her clients feel as though they are guests at their own events, while allowing them to step into a fantasy beyond their wildest expectations.
Planning weddings and social events are often big experiences and life changing events. Monica wants her clients and their guests to long remember these moments, so she ensures the planning process and the event itself are a time of great joy. Working directly with each of her clients is important, so Mon Amie Events, Inc only takes a limited number of celebrations annually to give this personalized and couture service. That way, when the event comes, Monica’s clients can immerse themselves in the environment and enjoy the memories with their guests.
While awards and accolades have come from a number of industry magazines, blogs and organizations, including being named to the Indianapolis Business Journal 2015 Class of 40 Under 40, Monica is also proud to be part of the faculty for Indiana University. She is seen as the preeminent leader in social special event planning, so has served as an adjunct instructor at her alma mater Indiana University. (both in Bloomington, IN and at their Indianapolis campus.) Monica also has joined the exclusive ranks, being one of the first fifty people in the world who has earned the distinction Master Wedding Planner™
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Since working for Disney then starting my own company, I have planned hundreds of wedding. Now however, I have ensured Mon Amie Events, Inc is very discerning about the number of clients we work with each year. Typically, we take only 10 events each year which allows us to have very personal relationships with each couple and their family.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We are a full service luxury event planning company.
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Let's set up a time to talk to discuss what you need. From there, a personalized Scope Scope of Service is created for you.
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Monica Richard, MWP is the owner and President of Mon Amie Events. Additional team members are at every event - from as few as two, to as many as dozens depending on the size and scale of the event. Each celebration is customized, therefore so is the team's size to ensure your needs are met.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Someone from my team will be there for you, but as a Master Wedding Planner with the Association of Bridal Consultants, I have a large network of wedding planners and colleagues to call on from around the world if needed should something like that ever occur. While I have never had to call on others; I have had to step in on three occasions for other planners within 24 hours of their events.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
As many as they see fit to ensure they're comfortable.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
As a full service planner, yes, I handle all details of the event planning process.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
A completely customized timeline for the event is created to ensure we're on schedule throughout the day for the event team and wedding party.