Planner - Hannah Le-Schroeder
- Business: KQ Elements
- Location: Anaheim, California CA
- Experience: 12 Years
- Website: www.kqelements.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Based in Orange County, KQ Elements started out as a floral retail store which expanded into wedding and special events planning. We have teams of floral designers and wedding planners who are dedicated to creating beautiful and memorable experiences for our clients. Over the years, KQ Elements has been in high demands by clients who wish to combine their cultures and customs when creating their one of a kind wedding experience.
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
Our utmost desire is to develop great relationships with our couples by anticipating wedding planning details and issues so that they can enjoy the planning process. We love meeting our couples and getting to know their love story so that we can help translate it into a beautiful celebration of their special day.
We do an average of 10 weddings a year to ensure our couples are given our full attention.
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We offer 3 planning packages and assist our couples in choosing the best one to meet their wedding planning needs through our complimentary consultation.
Heavenly (Full Planning)
Paramour (Partial Planning)
Honey (Day of Coordinating)
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Clients make a $500 Save the Date deposit to secure their wedding date. Our account department will be in regular contact with the couples based on their payments schedule with the final payment due two weeks before the wedding date. We offer Full Planning, Partial Planning and Day of Coordinating. Partial Planning is our most popular package simply due to the fact that most couples start to feel overwhelm in the process of hiring vendors. With this in mind, our goal is to "pick up where you left off" so that we can make the rest of the planning process less stressful and enjoyable!
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
All of our wedding planning packages have a Lead and Co-Coordinators who will work with the couples throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding. Additional assistants maybe added depending on the size of the guest count.
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
Our wedding couples have a Lead and Co-Coordinator who work with them throughout the planning process. In addition to the two primary planners, there are assistants who work behind the scenes as well to ensure coverage should an emergency arises. The creation of a detailed timeline makes it easy for any member of our team to step in and work on the day of the wedding.
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
The number of in-person meetings with our couples are based on the chosen planning package. For instance, for our Day of Coordinating planning package, we typically have 2 in-person meeting including a venue site visit and wedding rehearsal. We also communicate extensively with our couples via emails, text messages and telephone to ensure all tasks/activities progress in a timely manner.
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
We take care of invitations for our Full and Partial Planning couples. We provide referrals, give inputs in the creating process and handle the ordering, addressing and mailing invitations. We also assist with RSVP management and seating chart assistance.
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We provide rental for basic items such as arches, vases and flower walls. We work closely with our preferred rental vendors and can assist with linkage for needed rental items.
All vendors we work with will receive a detailed timeline which provides information on time for arrival, set up and breakdown. Our planners will reach out to all vendors several weeks before the wedding to ensure all the logistics issues are taken care of.
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
A detailed timeline is a must so that the couple, our wedding planners and vendors are on the same page to ensure the day flows smoothly and relatively "stress free". We achieve this by having ongoing discussions with the couple and vendors throughout the planning process. Details include the couple and bridal party's whereabouts throughout the day, time for vendors' arrival to their release from the event, locations for photos, song selections for the ceremony and reception just to name a few. Our wedding planners are in constant contact with the vendors throughout the wedding day in order to stay on track and update changes as necessary.