1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi I'm Jess, founder and lead planner at Joyeux Events Planning & Design. I've been obsessed with Weddings and Events since I was a little girl. Always finding an excuse to throw a party or help others with their own. My goal is to let you relax and enjoy your wedding day and produce an event your guests will be talking about for years to come!
2. What's your experience as a wedding planner? How many weddings have you planned?
We're approaching 200 weddings! We have seen it ALL.. The good and the bad, We've learned things the hard way and have avoided a lot of situations by being overly prepared ahead of time. Our experience help our clients feel like they can let go and trust us to lead them in the logistics pre wedding day as well as handle anything that may come up the day of. We're also familiar with different timelines, how to give our clients the day they want and how to watch guest interactions and change the timeline in the moment. Trust us when we say we know how to give you an awesome day!
3. What sorts of services do you offer (month-of coordination, full-service planning, or à la carte planning)?
We do Coordination 2 months in advance of your wedding, we feel like you will thank us later for that extra time! Crunching things in the month before is so stressful for you, especially because we often make adjustments to your plans and doing that the month of is just too much!
Partial Planning is a happy medium, you get a lot of guidance, a wedding planning website that keeps you organized, on schedule, on budget, we source vendors and produce a custom design for you
Full Service Planning is if you like a lot of in person meetings, a lot of guidance, a best friend to help you with every detail, we will take care of EVERYTHING
4. How do payments work (a percentage of the wedding budget, a flat fee etc.)? What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Flat fee, no surprises. Unless you surprise us with vendors who don't do their part, then you can add on team members to fill in the gaps.
Coordination - 2 months before the wedding
Partial Planning - 6 months to 2 years before the wedding (our most popular!)
Full Service Planning - 6 months to 2 years before the wedding
5. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
Jessica is the Owner, Designer, Planner and Coordinator
Makenna is the Associate Planner and Coordinator
We have a group of 6 ladies who rotate wedding days, typically it's between 2-5 team members at each wedding
6. What happens if you're sick or otherwise unable to be there on the day of the wedding?
We never book more weddings than we can handle, that way the other coordinator on the team can step in and cover. We also just show up, suck it up and do our job. No one can tell we're sick because we put ourselves aside, it's YOUR wedding day!
7. How many meetings will you have with the couple and how will they be involved?
Depends on the package you choose, but always a minimum of 3
8. Will you handle the invitations, from wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing? What about guest list coordination and RSVPs?
If you choose the Full Service Package or add on a la carte hours to the other packages. Always happy to help!
9. Do you handle rentals? Will you coordinate delivery, arrival and set up times with the photographer, the florist, the musicians and the caterer/banquet manager?
We do! We want our clients to be set up for success so we make sure the appropriate amount of rentals have been ordered and that all delivery and pick up windows meet the requirements of the venue as well as give us adequate time to set everything up. We also run the timeline by each vendor to make sure it works for them, that's how we get such smooth wedding days that are filled with fun!
10. Can you create a timeline that tells everyone involved in the planning process (other pros, members of the wedding party, to-be-weds and families) what to do and when to do it? How will you make sure everyone sticks to the schedule?
Oh YES! There are SO many details on the timeline, even at what point we need to bring you snacks. We have alarms set on our watches, we use our walkie talkies, we STAY in constant contact with all involved at all times.