1. Introduction: What's your story?
When I was in middle school I got to develop a darkroom image and immediately knew that photography was something I wanted to do forever. I took all the photography classes my high school offered and started working at a photography studio a few weeks after turning sixteen. In 2007, during my senior year, my art teacher hired me to photograph her sister's wedding and I was smitten. I went on to receive my BFA in photography from the University of Louisville and founded my business in 2010, a year before graduation.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
I photographed my first wedding in 2007, founded my business in 2010, and have photographed nearly 200 weddings since then!
3. How would you describe your photography style?
I strive to focus on genuine candid moments since those are what is going to matter the most in the long run, but I also love to use my fine art background when doing detail shots and during the couple's portraits. My editing style is somewhere between true to life and film— I want my images to feel timeless.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
I have been hired just days before an elopement and also nearly three years in advance. As soon as you know who you would like to hire you should do so to make sure you get on their calendar, but also don't sweat it if your planning timeline isn't as long as other couples. No matter how last minute you're planning things you can very likely find an awesome photographer for your day.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I offer one main wedding package that works for 95% of my couples— it includes eight hours of coverage, an engagement session, and the edited images hosted online. Couples can add on extra hours if they need them, but I've found 8 hours to be the perfect amount for most wedding days. I also offer elopement options for non-Saturday dates!
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
Yes! For photography, I roll solo— but if couples add on videography then they will also get to work with my amazing wife Joyce.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Travel is billed very simply! For weddings within 3 hours of Louisville, travel is billed at 55 cents a mile. For weddings more than 3 hours away in the 48 contiguous states, I charge a flat fee of $1,200.
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
Albums and prints are all offered a la carte through each couple's online gallery or they are welcome to download their images and order albums or prints elsewhere if they prefer. I want to makes sure all of my couples have plenty of options to get their physical images!
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
I promise images within six weeks of the wedding date, although many times I am able to deliver galleries a little bit sooner! I individually edit each image and then upload the high-resolution images to an online gallery where clients can download, share with family and friends, and order prints.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
The retainer fee and all monies paid are non-refundable. The retainer guarantees that I will hold the date exclusively for you and once you've signed the contract I do turn down all other commissions for that date.