Photographer - Sebastien Bicard
- Business: Sebastien Bicard Photography
- Location: Sacramento, California CA
- Experience: 6 Years
- Photography Types: Engagements, Weddings
- Profile: Sebastien Bicard Photography
- Website: sebastienbicard.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Bonjour, I am Sebastien Bicard, photographer at Sebastien Bicard Photography. Photography became more than a passion when I started documenting people's stories back in 2006 in Paris. My different travel experiences gave me an inclination towards natural spaces that I love incorporating in my work today.
After several years doing weddings and couples, I find that smaller celebrations and elopements with laid=back couples are my favorites.
2. How long have you been shooting weddings? How many weddings have you photographed?
Hard question as I started part-time in France in 2006! Overall I would say around 150.
3. How would you describe your photography style?
My style is all about candids and giving my couples the space they need to express themselves. Being inspired by cinema, I have a huge taste for playing with shadows to give a romantic and mysterious feel to my work.
4. How well in advance should couples book their wedding photographer?
There are no rules here. Based on my experience, more traditional weddings are booked anywhere starting 2 years before the wedding day. Elopements are usually starting a year-ish before.
The busiest time of the year is definitely spring and fall. I only book 10 "traditional" weddings per year to support my couples. The time left is for intimate weddings and elopements.
5. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I have 4 collections depending on the time my couples want me to stay. The first one is the full all included one at $9,400.
Wedding collections start at $4,900. Elopements start at $3,500.
6. Are you the wedding photographer who will be shooting on the wedding day? Who else is there in your team?
I learned to work alone in France and that's how I keep working today. A second shooter is generally not necessary even though I occasionally have one with me.
7. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
My passport is always ready, as well as my van if the destination is close to home!
8. Are albums or prints included in your packages?
Albums are included in some collections but not prints. My couples have printing rights, though.
9. How long after the wedding will the couple receive the images? How will they be delivered?
The turnaround is 4 to 8 weeks after the wedding day. All the photos are edited and available in full resolution on a private gallery online.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
The retainer is not refundable!