Hair & Makeup Artist - Lisa Parenton
- Business: BBWellington Artistry
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas TX
- Experience: 9-10 Years
- Website: www.bbwellingtonartistry.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I'm Lisa Parenton, co-owner and lead makeup artist of BBWellington Artistry. Makeup artistry started out as a side gig for me while working at a corporate job, and my love for it was too strong to keep it on the side anymore. I officially quit my job mid 2014 and went full time. It was extremely scary, but 6.5 years later, I'm loving my decision. My business partner Julia and I met working for other companies and we meshed really well, so we decided we wanted to try this business owning thing back in 2016. And here we are today! I feel like we are still babies in the industry, but I think we'll always feel like that, lol!
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I started doing weddings in 2015, I believe. So it's been a few years. I would say I've probably worked with over 150 brides, at least, between our personal brides, and working with friends in the industry.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer bridal makeup & hair for $210 and a trial for $185, these are our standard go-tos when brides are inquiring. We do however have a $450 service minimum for Fri-Sun weddings. Our add ons include individual lashes ($20) and clip in extension styling ($20).
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
We do have a large team that seems to be growing daily, yay!! We have a team large enough to cover many parties throughout the weekend. If there is an emergency day of, we have great relationships with many other beauty vendors in the area that we can reach out to for help, if we can't cover it with one of our own artists.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We do charge a travel fee if the venue/prep location is over 35 miles away from an artist. That being said, I try very hard to pair artists close to venues that brides provide me with. We haven't done destination weddings yet, but it could be something we do in the future...we're definitely a drive only beauty company. :)
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
We highly encourage brides to book trials, yes! Whichever artist is booked for your wedding will be booked for your trial as well.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We use a wide variety of products...Too Faced, Dior, Hourglass, RCMA, Kryolan, Colourpop, Morphe, Dermologica, etc. If a bride has a product she prefers we use, we're definitely open to it.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Makeup lasting longer is a lot about skin prep, which we do extensively. And also setting spray, of which I have an abundance! We also use foundation that looks great in HD, as most of us work with photographers when we're not working weddings.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup applications typically take 45 mins/party member, and an hour for the bride. We'll stay until we've finished everyone and do lip touch ups.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
If there is a cancellation due to COVID, we will refund your deposit. Any other cancellation would have to be a case to case basis. After 2020, we've had to reassess a lot of practices.