1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi I'm Emily, founder of Brides By Blake. I have been doing bridal makeup since 2008. I have chased this passion from Columbus to Chicago and back again. Over the years I have been blessed to be able to build a team of talented artists that are dependable, talented and just as obsessed with bridal beauty as I am! Each artist specifically specializes in bridal work and we have been helping bride's visions come to life since 2011. We offer both bridal hair and bridal makeup services in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
Helping brides visions come to life since 2011!
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We offer a la carte pricing to keep it simple and clear for brides.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
Brides By Blake is a team of licensed artists.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
The first 20 miles are included in the bride's price, after that it is $1/mile per artist round trip.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Bridal previews/trials are included in the bride price as we do require them for every bride! This ensures complete confidence and stress-free the day of the wedding!
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We use a variety of professional grade products to accommodate any skin tone or texture. Our liability insurance does not allow us to use products from a client as we cannot guarantee their safety or sanitation.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
This is skill that is developed over years of experienced. It starts with a great skin prep and proper technique and setting.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
We reserve 45 - 60 minutes per makeup application. We only stay for the amount of time needed to complete booked services, unless the bride as booked hourly touch up services.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We require a non-refundable and non-transferrable 30% retainer + signed contract to reserve a date. We require any cancellation to be made at least 91+ days out in order to be released from the contract, however, the retainer will remain non-refundable.