Hair & Makeup Artist - Dana Fountain
- Business: Pin Me Up Chicago
- Location: Chicago, Illinois IL
- Experience: 18 Years
- Website: www.pinmeupchicago.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi! Im Dana, Owner and lead stylist at Pin Me Up Chicago.
Since 2009 we’ve been captivating the Chicago beauty industry with the most elite artists in the city with over 3000+ happy brides and counting.
With a love for special occasion styling and working downtown in the loop I started heading out to work on-location on the weekends and fell in love with the excitement and fun of a group of ladies getting ready for a wedding day. Quickly, this fun turned into a need for a team. While working with some of the top hair and makeup artists in the city we organized, trained, and mobilized a hand selected team of experienced beauty pros. In 2019 we serviced over 400 brides with a team of over 50 artists.
We have been featured on The Knot Best of Weddings 8 years in a row and published in many blogs and wedding magazines. Headquartered out of our salon in The Loop at 111 N. Wabash that gazes over Millennium park, we are always growing and hiring artists for our diverse talented team of on location beauty pros.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I have been doing on-location hairstyling from the beginning of my beauty career. 18 years later it is still my most favorite thing to do! We have serviced 3000+ brides as an agency and I personally have pretty much serviced a wedding (or 3) every single weekend for the last 10 years. So if I had to estimate I have personally done well over 1000 ladies.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
All of our services are ala-carte style. We service any size party with no minimums. We offer special occasion hair styling of all kinds and traditional and airbrush makeup. While we specialize in weddings many of our artists also work in production, film, TV, and in full service salons. We always suggest a trial run appointment to perfect your flawless wedding day look but can also take appointments without trials as well. We pride our company cultural on being very flexible and efficient.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
We have a team of seasoned Artists. If there is an emergency of some sort that results in a technician unable to make a scheduled appointment we will have a back up with just as much experience. We also will have all the notes and photos from your trial so your wedding day look can be recreated with no problem at all.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
We do not charge a travel fee for most of Chicagoland, a 30 mile radius from our 111 N Wabash address. We travel anywhere you would like us to! From destination weddings, to rural weddings outside the city limits. We also do staffing for music festivals, corporate events and activations, and makeover and charity initiatives.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Yes! while not required, we absolutely suggest booking a trial run appointment, Its a great way to perfect and try different looks for you big day.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We use all professional beauty products. We are open to specific brands a bride may want to be used on her as well. Whatever the clients comfort level is will always be accommodated.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
All of our makeup applications wether it is Airbrush or Traditional is based to last all day and well into the night! Depending on the clients skin type primers and setting powders and sprays are often used. Each makeup application is tailored to the specific clients desired look, skin type, and over all look.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup applications typically take 30-45 minutes for a beautiful natural glam look. If a full glam look is desired we can always pad in more time if need be. Also why a trial run appointment is always a great idea.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
We take a deposit that is used towards your trial run appointment services. In the event the client is not 100% thrilled with their look we can assign new technicians for a better fit, or cancel the contract with not further payment required. We stand behind our work and work hard to pair our brides with the artists that best fit their over all esthetic and style.