1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi there! My name is Paula Heckenast and I am a professional makeup and hair artist with over 16 years professional experience. I established City Lights Beauty in Chicago, IL and have since expanded to Tampa, Daytona Beach, Greenville and Dallas!
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I have been doing makeup professionally for 16 years, I took the leap to become a full time artist in 2012 and have never looked back! Since then I have had the opportunity to travel the world, go on tour with musicians, work with celebrities, corporate clients, commercial productions and more! I have hundreds of brides in my portfolio, to put an exact number on that would be impossible!
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
We don't believe in "add ons" we offer full service hair and makeup that's always all inclusive! We never charge extra for lashes, airbrush, skin prep/prime etc.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
City Lights Beauty Agency represents some of the best artists the world has to offer. The artist to perform your trial will be your wedding artist. Should there be an emergency, we will do our best to send a replacement. As an insurance measure the bride is welcome to reserve a stand by artist for a fee, however we have thankfully never had an incident such as this occur!
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
$.75/mile round trip.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Yes, we strongly advise a trial session!
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
We use professional grade products such as, KETT, RCMA, Makeup Forever, MAC, Stila to name a few. The bride is welcome to bring any products she can't live without!
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Yes, high end flawless makeup that will last with virtually zero need for touch ups until you decide to wash your face is our specialty!
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
45 min per person per service. If you would like us to stay for the day you can book with an additional fee based upon the time needed.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellations made less than 30 days in advance will owe the total balance.