Hair & Makeup Artist - Jacquelyn Taylor
- Business: Reel Creative Hair
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia GA
- Experience: 15 Years
- Website: www.reelcreativehair.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
I have over 15 years of experience starting behind the chair with weddings and pageants. I have been published in many magazines across the the globe with several accreditations in Film and Television. Knowing what looks best on and off cameras is my specialty. Whether a bride wants glamour or natural beauty for her wedding day, I have the skills and knowledge to create her perfect look. It's not just the brides who want to look their best on their special day, but Grooms and their men as well. From fades, to clean ups and beard trims, men deserve to look just as perfect as their blushing brides.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I have more bride than I can count in portfolio. Whether it be for a stylized shoot for a publication or an actual wedding. My portfolio shows diversity and all the elements to make any request become beautiful for all members of the wedding party.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
Each one my packages is customizable to fit most budgets and expectations. My most popular is my day rate package. When brides and grooms request this package I treat their wedding just like I would a photoshoot. I'm there to make sure no makeup or hair is out of place. With my on-set bag that carries all the essentials I'm there to make sure even the slightest thing stays in tact throughout their wedding photos.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
I do work with assistance when needed. Some weddings are smaller and an assistant is not needed. It all depends on how many are requesting services and which services are needed. In my 15 years of experience I have never missed a booked wedding. But if that were to ever happen I have freelancers that are on call that can handle anything. They too have the expertise and years of experience that I have.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
I do charge a travel fee. It's a case by case fee, no two are alike and I'm happy to send a break down to any bride that requests this.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Absolutely. However there is a charge for this service.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
I never suggest a bride to use their own as they may not be geared to High Resolution cameras. However I will never tell a bride no to this. Only advise. The luxury product brands I use are, Charlotte Tillbury, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Dior, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, Vise Art Paris, Maq Pro, and Rare Beauty. The high end hair care products I use are by Eufora.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
By using the brands I use for their lasting power and beautiful finishes. Plus I use setting powders by Laura Mercier and setting spray by Rare Beauty.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup generally for bride takes up to an hour. As far as me staying it depends on the package they purchase. All of my services are customizable and my packages offer my day rates. Brides have the option of choosing what best suits her needs.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
Cancellation can be done. between 24-48hrs without penalty. I offer no refunds. If I show up to the venue or if in route to venue and the party wants to cancel me, then I charge the full rate of all services that would be rendered to all party members listed on the itinerary.