1. Introduction: What's your story?
I have been an artist my whole life, and found makeup artistry when I was only 14. I was so excited to be able to paint and create on a face rather than a canvas. Being able to see my work in print the first portion of my career working in editorial was so much fun, and later on moving into other avenues of the beauty industry I experienced so many ranging careers. Ending up primarily the bridal industry doing weddings I realized how important it was for me to make someone else feel so beautiful on one of the most important days of their life!
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I have been doing weddings for over 10 years and worked with hundreds of brides. Each one has taught me something new and guided me on this amazing journey of artistry.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I do not currently offer any packages as my pricing is still competitive.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
I am the only one working under Glamour by Taj. I have several other artists I have worked with and can refer as secondaries or as needed
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
My on site fee anywhere in San Diego is $50 Additional travel with come with an additional fee depending on location
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
I always recommend a trial to brides to get a sense of what their makeup will look like on their big day!
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
I have a large collection of makeup products from many different brands, I have found my favorite ones over the years so they are from many different brands. I would be open to that if a trial is done and it is something that works for both myself and the bride.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Many different skincare steps are used before makeup as well as special techniques while applying to ensure the longevity of the makeup!
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Makeup takes an hour per person and a bit over an hour for the bride! I will be there to do touch ups at the end of everyone’s makeup before I leave.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
I require a deposit to reserve your wedding date that is non refundable.