Hair & Makeup Artist - Diana Anghelus
- Business: Makeup By Diana
- Location: Chandler, Arizona AZ
- Experience: 12 Years
- Website: www.makeupbydiana.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hi, I am Diana Anghelus, founder and lead makeup artist at Makeup By Diana. Originally from Romania, I moved to the United States in 2005 and since then I have been involved in the beauty industry. I have worked for multiple high end cosmetic brands ( MAC, Lancome, Dior, Guerlain, Estee Lauder, Origins, Prescriptives) until 2019, when I decided it was the right time for me to say Good Bye to the Retail world and dedicate 100% of my time to my makeup clients, with focus on weddings. I love diversity and I am very passionate about working with clients from different parts of the world, as well as different skin tones or ages. I am very dedicated to my clients and my goal is to see them satisfied with the final result. Customer Service is also very important, being reliable and communicating in a timely manner, as well. Contact me and let me create a 5 stars experience for your wedding!!
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I have been focusing on weddings since 2012 and I had the honor of working with over 100 brides throughout these years.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
At this time, I am not offering any packages, although I am considering that for the near future.
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
I am an individual artist and all the makeup applications are done by me. For large number of people, I will bring an assistant for an additional fee. In case of emergency, I am going to provide my clients with another artist. It never happened before, but you never know...life happens.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
There is no travel fee within a 30 miles radius from the Chandler area, a flat fee is going to be applied though, it all depends on the location.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
I highly recommend a makeup trial before the wedding. It is going to take away a lot of stress from the wedding day. Not only it will be a great preview of the bridal look, but it will also be a good time to see if the future bride-to-be is allergic to any products that are used.
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
I use high quality makeup products, that are great for pictures, as well. All the products belong to my makeup kit, they are not products that I use on myself. This is because I am a freak about sanitation, and my client's safety is my priority. The makeup is always sanitized in between clients and disposable applicators are always used, with no double dipping in between. Brushes are also sanitized prior to the appointment. Using the bride's personal makeup makes me uncomfortable, as I do not know how old it is, the conditions it was stored, if other people/friends used it before or if it is great for pictures if I never used it before.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
Using some professional skills and long wear products, it is going to assure that the makeup will last all day, even for the most emotional brides.
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
Before the wedding day, I like to create a timeline for the makeup. I always arrive earlier and respect the starting time. Ideally I prefer 1.5 h for the bridal makeup just to make sure I can pay attention to every detail. For other attendees, it all depends on the look we are creating, it could take between 45 minutes to 1 hour. There is also an option to stay for touch-ups throughout the wedding. An additional fee is going to be applied.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
After signing a Contract and paying a Retainer Fee, the brides have three days if they decide to cancel and the entire deposit is going to be refunded. After that, the amount they pay to hold the date is non-refundable, unless there is an Act of God event.