Hair & Makeup Artist - Danna Pinnix
- Business: Airbrush and Palettes
- Location: Tucson, Arizona AZ
- Experience: 10+ Years
- Website: www.instagram.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
Hello I am Danna Pinnix, founder, owner and lead makeup artist at Airbrush and Palettes. My love for makeup started as a little girl and I continued to dream as I went from a career of being in the military, to serving in our government. I did fifteen years of military and federal service and completed 6 overseas tours and really didn't feel it was a great fit for my artistry and passion for fitness. I did friends and family weddings and worked part time as CrossFit Trainer in Washington D.C. When I met my husband. He encouraged me to take a class and in 2012 I took a class on Airbrush in California. Afterwards, we have moved twice and had two littles, all while I finished my Bachelors at American Military University in 2017 with a Bachelors of Science in Sports and Health Sciences. Since then I have done weddings and Trained people and brides from all walks of life and am living my dream.
2. What's your experience as a bridal hair & makeup artist? How many brides are in there in your portfolio?
I have had the privilege's of doing brides, bridesmaids, mother of the groom, mother of the bride, grandmothers, teenagers, and men from all walks of life for the last ten years in Texas and Arizona. I enjoy the transformation and the theatrics of life on these special occasions. I have done over one hundred weddings and thousands of faces.
I have also done makeup for boudoir photos, engagement photos, senior pictures, proms, sweet sixteens, and vegas party themes in the local area. I have worked onsite with other professionals as well as solo in many different settings.
3. What are the different packages that you offer and which one is your most popular package?
I offer 55$ trial Bridal packages and 70$ per person on the day of the event! The 70$ services include;
- Face prep
- Lashes - She cluster, strip, or faux mink lashes! Faux mink is an extra 7$, but regular lashes are included with the original price!
For Personal training - I offer functional fitness, weightlifting, and plyometrics specifically tailored to each individual. Prices start 45$ per session or monthly payments get one free session per month!
4. Do you have a team of assistants or will you be the only artist that day? What will happen if you're sick or have an emergency on the wedding day?
I am the whole team and if an emergency did happen, I would refer my bride to other artists in the area and help them locate another one for the day of.
5. Do you charge a travel fee? For what distance? What does that cover?
Travel fees are included in my 70$ per person price. If outside of Tucson, which depending on distance would be 20$ or more depending on distance.
6. Can the bride book a wedding makeup trial appointment and will you also do a trial before the wedding?
Absolutely. my trial price $55, and I recommend it!
7. What beauty products do you use and would you be open to the bride using her own make-up?
I use Temptu, Mac, NYX, Huda, Too Faced, Rimmel, Morphe, Loreal, Stila, and Anastacia makeup products. I am open to using brides makeup if that is what she prefers, but i would not recommend it.
8. How can you make the bride's wedding makeup last and look good in photos?
I prep the face with serum, moisturizer and primer. Then I lay the concealer, foundation next, and set the foundation with powder. Additionally, once I finish the whole look, I utilize makeup setting spray to ensure the makeup stays put!
9. How long will makeup take on the day and how long will you be staying for on the day?
The brides makeup typically takes a bit longer than everyone else. Usually 45 minutes for a bride and 30-45 minutes for additional faces. I stay until all the makeup is finished, and the bride is happy. I typically leave before the ceremony, to give the bride space and privacy for her special day.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
I require 7 day cancellation notice. All deposits are nonrefundable, but anything extra paid will be returned in full- minus the deposit.