Caterers - Jeremy Kidd
- Business: Bird Dog BBQ
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado CO
- Experience: 16+ Years
- Website: birddogbbq.com
1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Jeremy Kidd, I am the director of catering for Bird Dog BBQ. I have been with Bird Dog since the very beginning back in 2004. We started with a dine-in carry out restaurant in Colorado Springs and took off from there. We now have 3 restaurants in the Springs area. We serve 100+ events a year and deliver hundreds of large Bird Dog orders for all kinds of gatherings.
My passion for catering began when I started catering for a previous BBQ restaurant back in the late 80's, early 90's, and was reignited when I started working at Bird Dog BBQ. Then I started catering weddings...I can say that there is no better feeling then serving a wedding and have people from across the nation tell you how much they enjoyed their meal. We cater 40+ weddings a year all over Colorado.
2. How many weddings have your done in the past?
We have catered several hundred weddings (600+), especially in the last 10 years.
3. Do you charge a bulk fee or cost per person? What are your rates like?
Our prices are very competitive. We have 4 different Plan options which are all inclusive ranging form $8.50 to $13.50 per person. We also offer bulk style orders which can be very custom to your needs. Our service ranges from a basic serve to full service catering.
4. Do you have a static menu, or can you do a custom menu? And can you take care of various allergy/dietary requests?
Our menu is a carnivores haven. Mouth watering Brisket, Pulled Pork and the best Smoked Turkey that you have ever tasted. We also offer a spicy Hot Link as well as a Mild Polish Sausage. What would be a BBQ menu without Pork Spare Ribs and Smoked Chicken. Pair those meats with some of our famous Baked Beans, Mac N Cheese, Potato Salad and our sweet and tart Cole Slaw and you have yourself the perfect wedding feast.
For the vegetarian's, we offer a Garden Veggie burger and Garden Salads. We have been know to get a little creative with special requests like Smoked Jackfruit. Our menu is 95% Gluten free!
5. What are your most popular dishes?
The perfect trifecta on our menu is: Meats-Brisket, Pulled Pork and Smoked Turkey along with Baked Beans, Mac N Cheese and either Potato Salad or Cole Slaw. Wash that all down with our Iced Sweet Tea, Lemonade or Regular Tea.
6. Do you provide linens, table settings, and accessories? If you don’t provide linens, table settings, etc., will you handle coordinating the rental?
We provide our own tables and table clothes to serve from if we need, However we don't provide tables or linen for receptions. There have a couple of occasions that I have rented tables and linens for weddings from local party suppliers.
7. Will food be made on-site or brought in?
Our BBQ is made with love at our restaurants and delivered to you.
8. Are tastings available and what is involved?
Yes!! Our tasting are very laid back and easy to do. Give me a call at 719-573-7671 to set one up.
9. Who else is in your team and how many people on your staff will be at the wedding?
This all depends on how many people we are feeding and if it a full service wedding. We usually send 2 to 4 servers.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
I have NO cancellation policy, I just ask for as much notice as possible. You will find that having your wedding catered with Bird Dog BBQ will one of the easiest things you will ever do.